Thursday, December 25, 2008

Unconditional Love

It's what keeps us going. Monday came. and so did the lay-offs. Everyone in the company was asked to take a month off without pay and informed that starting January 1 there would be no money left for payroll. If permanent funding is not secured within thirty days, the company will fold. In twenty-five years of working I had never lost a job, let alone three days before Christmas. They still failed to pay me for the five months worth of reimbursement as well. On top of it all they started hospice on my Grandfather, and I can't even get out there until I get paid.

Enough of the complaining. Today is Christmas day, and I hate to compare Jesus to a puppy but the one thing they both epitomize is unconditional love. My family has been full of it as well. Of all the things I can be thankful for this Christmas the one thing that is the greatest gift of all is the love that my wife and daughter has showered on me through all of this. It is amazing how the meaning of Christmas becomes more evident when you can't afford the distractions that make you forget the real meaning.

Hopefully Grandpa will make it through the day, and hopefully the money that I have been promised tomorrow will show up. For now I won't worry about these things, and just cherish the things that I have and love more than anything else in the world.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment